Since Santa Claus has come and gone and all I got in my stocking was a lump of coal, I think I should start compiling my New Year’s resolutions and perhaps I’ll fare better on his naughty or nice list next year. Some of the things I’m considering are:
1. Not procrastinate so much when implementing my new year’s resolutions.
2. Be more diligent when considering my honey-do list.
3. Leave home earlier so as not to be late for appointments.
4. Return those phone calls on my answering machine instead of “accidently” erasing them.
5. Quit making excuses for missing church.
6. Watch fewer TV shows and spend more time with the baby.
7. Actually listen to my wife instead of just saying “uh-huh” so much.
8. Actually start using those exercise machines that are gathering dust.
9. Help my wife more in the kitchen. (put my dishes in the sink)
10. Help my wife more with shopping. (drop her off closer to Wal Mart)
11. Mow my yard more often and not depend on my neighbor’s bush hog.
12. Quit blaming the dog for all the spots on the floor.
13. Stop blaming the left wing radicals for all the _____________
On second thought, I think I’ll throw out resolution number one and wait until 2013.
You can contact Cline Calhoun at