Commonwealth Journal


November 3, 2011

Strange Bedfellows

Somerset — In a recent article I wrote about some regimes of the past and present that have miserably failed or on the decline; Hitler, Mussolini, Mao Tse-tung, Che Guevara, Castro and Hugo Chavez, describing their political ambitions and social philosophies.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi stated that the Occupy Wall Street movement is a “grass-root, spontaneous activity”. When did this movement come about? Here is a quote from Reuters (a global news agency) on October 13: Adbusters, whose magazine has a circulation of 120,000 and which is known for its spoofs of popular advertisements, came up with the Occupy Wall Street idea after Arab Spring protests toppled governments in Egypt, Libya and Tunisia, said Kalle Lasn, 69, Adbusters co-founder. "We felt there was a real rage building up in America, and we thought that we would like to create a spark which would give expression for this rage." This campaign began back in July – so much for spontaneous. I don’t know about you, but when a magazine encourages rage during economic times such as we’re experiencing, they are, in effect, inciting lawlessness, rioting and mob activity, similar to the French Revolution as Ann Coulter describes in her book Demonic; How The Liberal Mob Is Destroying America. .  

Pelosi, Obama, Joe Biden and many other democrats have aligned themselves with the OWS movement. Let’s look at some organizations that are also aligning themselves with the OWS movement, as reported on FOX news on October 17th, but ignored by the main stream media.

1. American Nazi Party (Hitler)

2. The American Socialist Party (Mussolini)

3. USA Communist Party (Mao Tse-Tung)

There has also been praise and support for the OWS movement from Socialist Hugo Chavez and Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, an avowed radical Islamist whose goal is to convert or kill all infidels. (Me and you)

Now doesn’t these make for strange bedfellows?

A reporter interviewed 100 demonstrators. One third stated that they believe the United States is worse than Islamic Jihad. These are the ones who should be deported and dropped in the middle of Iran. Most have no idea why they are there other than to smoke pot and make noise. One large, blue tent in prominent view has a red and yellow (Russian colors) banner soliciting people to Join the Socialists, manned by the International Socialist Organization. And president Obama has the audacity to compare this with the Tea Party?

Psychotherapist Dr. Karen Ruskin describes the protesters as people who lack the courage and strength to move themselves forward as individuals, or in an organized way, so they must embed themselves within chaos. Now the protesters threaten to cause chaos within the justice system by clogging it up, demanding trials for their arrests on disorderly conduct, failure to obey law enforcement officers, theft and various other charges.

The Occupy Wall Street mob is only a few thousand strong, but it would quickly die out if the news media would simply ignore them. They will withstand wind, rain and snow storms as long as there is an Obama friendly microphone and camera in front of which they can spew their anti-Capitalist, anti-American rage and hatred.

European socialist countries are faltering and failing. The masses are rising up and rioting because the governments can no longer afford to give them the freebees they have become used to. As of the date of this writing, here is a TV headline: "Violence erupts as two-day strike shuts down Greece." Is that where we’re headed?

Obama’s second stimulus package he is now “campaigning” for is designed to help construction workers, teachers and public service workers. What do they all have in common? Unions. In 2010, approximately 12 percent of the population belonged to a union. Mr. Obama, what’s in your package for the other 88 percent?


You can contact Cline Calhoun at

Text Only
News Live
AP Video
Raw: Orthodox Christians Observe Easter Rite Ceremony Marks 19th Anniversary of OKC Bombing Raw: Four French Journalists Freed From Syria Raw: Massive 7.2 Earthquake Rocks Mexico Captain of Sunken SKorean Ferry Arrested Raw: Fire Destroys 3 N.J. Beachfront Homes Raw: Pope Presides Over Good Friday Mass Raw: Space X Launches to Space Station Superheroes Descend on Capitol Mall Man Charged in Kansas City Highway Shootings Obama Awards Navy Football Trophy Anti-semitic Leaflets Posted in Eastern Ukraine Raw: Magnitude-7.2 Earthquake Shakes Mexico City Ceremony at MIT Remembers One of Boston's Finest Raw: Students Hurt in Colo. School Bus Crash Raw: Church Tries for Record With Chalk Jesus Raw: Faithful Celebrate Good Friday Worldwide Deadly Avalanche Sweeps Slopes of Mount Everest Police Arrest Suspect in Highway Shootings Drought Concerns May Hurt Lake Tourism
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide