Commonwealth Journal

December 26, 2013

Holiday blaze levels double-wide trailer

Faulty fireplace suspected

by Heather Tomlinson
Commonwealth Journal

Somerset —

A northern Pulaski County home was destroyed by a Christmas Eve fire.
Firefighters with the Woodstock Volunteer Fire Department responded at 8 a.m. Tuesday to a residence at 1955 Ky. 865, located off Ky. 70. 
Kenny Proctor, with the Woodstock Fire Department, said the residence belonged to Brian Ping.
The double-wide trailer was completely engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived, and although Ping was able to escape the flames, the home was deemed a total loss.
Firefighters remained on the scene until around 10 a.m. Tuesday. 
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but the blaze may have started in the home’s fireplace, according to published media reports. 
The Eubank Volunteer Fire Department assisted at the scene.