Commonwealth Journal

May 17, 2013

Ogden Street fire

Staff Report
Commonwealth Journal

Somerset — The Somerset Fire Department was called at about 4 p.m. Thursday to a fire at a home at 532 Ogden Street in Somerset. According to SFD Chief Junior Fortenberry, the blaze started in the basement of the home, but the flame was kept at bay by the nearby water heater when the water heater’s lines busted due to the heat. Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control and clear the home of smoke relatively quickly. No one was home when the blaze occurred. Firefighters remained on the scene for about 50 minutes. The Somerset Police Department and Somerset-Pulaski County EMS responded to the scene as well.