Commonwealth Journal

Local News

November 14, 2013

Continental Refining launching residential fuel oil deliveries

Company promises competitve oil pricing

Somerset —

Continental Refining Company (CRC) is announcing a regional advertising campaign starting today that informs customers the Somerset-based refinery will deliver home heating oil from local producers to local users within 100 miles. 
The half page color advertisement appears today in the Commonwealth Journal as well as in the CJ’s sister newspapers the Wayne Couty Outlook and the McCreary County Record. The advertising campaign is designed to make sure regional customers know they have access to competitive heating oil options this winter, according to Missy Shorey, spokesperson for CRC. She said CRC is the only source of heating oil that actually costs less than last year.
Availability of home heating oil from CRC is another in a rapid series of major announcements indicating the former Somerset Refinery is now up and running with gusto. 
Employment at CRC has increased by five during the past month. Shorey called “awesome” the employment total of 48.” Company official say the refinery’s operation will create another 200 ancillary jobs in the region.
Last month, CRC announced a $1.6 million to $2.2 million expansion that includes a value-added liquid petroleum gas plant and a reactor to produce ultra-low sulfur on-road diesel. It was part of a promised $60 million in upgrades during the next five years.
The new gas plant will reduce emissions and process crude-oil liquid petroleum (LPG) byproducts butane and propane. Up to 10,000 gallons of propane and butane can be converted daily.
 The project expands existing infrastructure to capture, pressurize and store high margin, crude oil byproducts propane, butane, and natural gasoline – often referred to as NGL products, or Y-Grade. These products, after further processing, are sold as fuel for residential, commercial, and industrial consumers at higher profit margins, a CRC news release said.
 As of last month, 30 percent of the infrastructure was in place at CRC to process LPG crude oil byproducts. Working in a strategic partnership with Texas-based, Viewpoint Energy, LLC, the remaining 70 percent of mechanical equipment, including additional process piping and compressors, will be provided and installed. 

Text Only
Local News
News Live
AP Video
Raw: Japanese Soldiers Storm Beach in Exercises Raw: Weapons Fire Hits UN School in Gaza Raw: Rocket Launches Into Space With Cargo Ship Broken Water Main Floods UCLA Two Women Narrowly Avoid Being Hit by Train In Virginia, the Rise of a New Space Coast New Sanctions on Key Sectors of Russian Economy Crayola Announces Family Attraction in Orlando US Ready to Slap New Sanctions on Russia Kerry: Not Worried About Israeli Criticism Boater Rescued From Edge of Kentucky Dam Girl Struck by Plane on Florida Beach Dies Rodents Rampant in Gardens Around Louvre House to Vote on Slimmed-down Bill for Border Looming Demand Could Undercut Flight Safety Raw: 2 Shells Hit Fuel Tank at Gaza Power Plant Raw: Massive Explosions From Airstrikes in Gaza Giant Ketchup Bottle Water Tower Up for Sale Easier Nuclear Construction Promises Fall Short Kerry: Humanitarian Cease-fire Efforts Continue
Facebook
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Stocks