- Local News
Pulaski County girl shooting for rubber band record
Most kids don’t spend their spring break working with springy substances and hoping they don’t break.
But then again, Marissa Maxie isn’t most kids. For her, it’s a snap.
Maxie, age 8, a second-grader at Southern Elementary School, will attempt to get her name in the Guinness Book of World Records by creating the world’s longest rubber band rope.
- Parks across Pulaski County ready for busy 2014 tourist season
- Turning a New Page
- Last-minute independent magisterial candidate files before deadline
- Rosie Remembered
- A Daughter's Reflections
- $10.6 million judgment returned in medical malpractice lawsuit
- Bleak Day for LCRH
- Fire damages Morris & Hislope Funeral Home
Council to businesses: Watch where you put your signs
Councilors are reminding businesses that signs can’t go up anywhere and everywhere in the city limits.
“Businesses need to be aware that we do have an ordinance,” said Councilor Jerry Girdler during Monday’s Somerset City Council meeting.
Girdler said he’s seen an influx of business signs in the city that violate the city’s ordinance, which mandates certain standards for posting signs in the city.
- More Local News Headlines
- Pulaski County girl shooting for rubber band record