Commonwealth Journal

News Live

January 31, 2013

Bed Blaze

—  

Somerset Fire Department was called to Somerview Personal Care Home, located at 202 N. Main Street in Somerset, at 4:50 p.m. Wednesday. Battalion Chief Mark Catron said an occupant at the home set fire to a mattress in the building, resulting in a quick evacuation of the home’s occupants. Catron said the fire was controlled quickly thanks to an employee using a fire extinguisher on the blaze before fire fighters arrived. No one was injured, and the fire department cleared the scene at around 6:40 p.m. Wednesday. The Somerset Fire Department was assisted by Pulaski County Public Safety Director Tiger Robinson, Somerset-Pulaski County EMS, the Somerset Police Department, and the State Fire Marshal’s office. 
 

1
Text Only
News Live
News Live
AP Video
Obama Hopeful on Ukraine, Will Watch Russians Flamingo Frenzy Ahead of Zoo Construction Crew Criticized Over Handling of Ferry Disaster Agreement Reached to Calm Ukraine Tensions Raw: Pope Francis Performs Pre-easter Ritual Raw: Bulgarian Monastery Dyes 5000 Easter Eggs Diplomats Reach Deal to Ease Tensions in Ukraine U.S. Sending Nonlethal Aid to Ukraine Military Holder: Americans Stand With KC Mourners Obama Greets Wounded Warriors Malaysia Plane: Ocean Floor Images 'Very Clear' Sparks Fly With Derulo and Jordin on New Album Franco Leads Star-studded Broadway Cast Raw: Two Lucky Kids Get Ride in Popemobile Boston Bombing Survivors One Year Later Sister of Slain MIT Officer Reflects on Bombing
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Stocks