Commonwealth Journal

January 31, 2013

Bed Blaze


Commonwealth Journal

—  

Somerset Fire Department was called to Somerview Personal Care Home, located at 202 N. Main Street in Somerset, at 4:50 p.m. Wednesday. Battalion Chief Mark Catron said an occupant at the home set fire to a mattress in the building, resulting in a quick evacuation of the home’s occupants. Catron said the fire was controlled quickly thanks to an employee using a fire extinguisher on the blaze before fire fighters arrived. No one was injured, and the fire department cleared the scene at around 6:40 p.m. Wednesday. The Somerset Fire Department was assisted by Pulaski County Public Safety Director Tiger Robinson, Somerset-Pulaski County EMS, the Somerset Police Department, and the State Fire Marshal’s office.