Somerset — The Somerset Fire Department was called at about 4 p.m. Thursday to a fire at a home at 532 Ogden Street in Somerset. According to SFD Chief Junior Fortenberry, the blaze started in the basement of the home, but the flame was kept at bay by the nearby water heater when the water heater’s lines busted due to the heat. Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control and clear the home of smoke relatively quickly. No one was home when the blaze occurred. Firefighters remained on the scene for about 50 minutes. The Somerset Police Department and Somerset-Pulaski County EMS responded to the scene as well.
- News Live
- Texas Roadhouse to open Dec. 9
- Lake Cumberland plays host to one of largest V-bottom boats
- Hazmat crews clear fuel spill at Kroger South gas station
Keith will remain in jail until his trial
A Burnside pastor accused of shooting and killing three people in a Danville pawn shop will remain in jail through his upcoming trial.
- Burnside Holiday Home Tour next weekend
- County Jailer requesting more time to respond to lawsuit
- From Cruisin' to Cuisine
- Lawmen discover 8 pounds of pot in Science Hill home
Somerset councilors remember couple who perished in fire
The impact of a Lincoln County couple’s tragic deaths is still being felt.
During Monday’s Somerset City Council meeting, councilors Pat Bourne and Jerry Burnett asked that those at the meeting and community members remember Everett and Linda Garland, who were killed in a house fire a little over a week ago in Lincoln County.
Science Hill tree lighting ceremony set for Saturday
It’s that time of year again for one northern Pulaski County town.
This weekend, Science Hill will hold its annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony — complete with refreshments, music and more.
- More News Live Headlines