Commonwealth Journal

April 28, 2014

2 vehicle break-in suspects ID’d

Pulaski Co. Sheriff, Livingston, Tenn., PD, release joint findings

Staff Report
Commonwealth Journal

Somerset —

The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department has identified two suspects connected to a rash of vehicle break-ins over the past several months.
On April 15, 2014, detectives with the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office and the Livingston, Tenn., Police Department met to compare cases after they had arrested a Somerset man for breaking into cars in Livingston, Tenn.
During the meeting, a second suspect was named who was believed to be in the Somerset area. Detectives located Ryan D. Ellis and interview him at the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office. 
During that interview, Ellis admitted to his involvement and gave information about the first suspects’ involvement in breaking into cars all along I-40 in Tennessee and I-75 in Tennessee and Kentucky, according to the sheriff’s department. That suspect has been identified as Carion Paris Costelli, 38, High Street Somerset, Ky.
Ellis, 20, Ky. 1664, Nancy, Ky., was wanted on an outstanding warrant from Overton County, Tenn., in connection with vehicle break-ins in that county. He was taken into custody and lodged in the Pulaski County Detention Center. He was later extradited back to Tennessee to face those charges.
On April 16, 2014, sheriff’s office detectives traveled to Overton County, Tenn., where they interviewed Costelli. Costelli admitted to detectives that he had been breaking into cars and had broken into an estimated “200” cars in Pulaski County, according to the sheriff’s department.
Detectives are currently working to connect Costelli and Ellis to current cases on file at the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office. Many of these cases involve car windows being broken out and purses, wallets and cash being taken from the cars.
Warrants will be issued for these suspects in Pulaski County as the investigation continues. 
Both suspects are currently in custody in Overton County, Tenn. They will be extradited back to Pulaski County after those cases are completed in Tennessee.