Somerset — Three people were injured Monday after two vehicles collided at the intersection of East Ky. 80 and Fire Tower Road just before 3:30 p.m. According to emergency officials on the scene, three people in the Kia Forte, front, were taken to Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital, including one who had a prior leg injury. The two people in the other vehicle, which included a young boy, appeared to be uninjured. One lane of East Ky. 80 was shut down while officials cleared the scene. The Shopville-Stab Volunteer Fire Department, Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, and Somerset-Pulaski County EMS responded to the accident.
- News Live
Heated sidewalks provide sparks for workers
A heated sidewalk to melt snow and ice was “quite the thing” a half century ago in a small town like Somerset. This town’s first and only electrically warmed sidewalk was installed facing Fountain Square alongside First and Farmers National Bank when the bank’s downtown headquarters building was constructed in 1963-64.As snow fell, the warm sidewalk melted a walkway about 2 feet wide alongside the bank. It was the talk of the town; quite a gimmick.
Somerset Schools will fight ruling
The recent hearing regarding the conflict with county schools over non-resident students might not have gone Somerset’s way, but that doesn’t mean they’re done fighting.
1966 Batmobile is star of July Cruise
And boy, did it draw a crowd.
- Rep. Turner miffed with secret deal to privatize General Burnside Park
- 1 arrested, 1 wanted in home invasion
- Authorities continue search for jail work detail escapee
- State courts going digital
- Fond recollections of Pulaski’s gasoline alley
- Neighborhood Watch meeting held tonight
- Somerset Mall ready for ‘Friday Night Thunder'
- More News Live Headlines
- Heated sidewalks provide sparks for workers