• Consider alternate options to pay for your merchandise, such as onetime or multiuse disposable credit cards.
• Wait until asked before taking out your credit card, cash, or checkbook. This reduces the risk of losing your cash or credit card to thieves.
• Deter pickpockets. Carry your purse close to your body or your wallet inside a coat or front pants pocket.
• Have your keys in hand when approaching your vehicle. Check the back seat and around the car before getting in.
• Do not leave packages visible in your car. Lock them in the trunk or, if possible, take them directly home.
• Tell a security guard or store employee if you see an unattended bag or package.
• If you are shopping with children, make a plan in case you get separated. Select a central meeting place and make sure they know they can ask store personnel if they need help.