Danville, KY —
Keith pleaded not guilty at an earlier arraignment last week in Boyle District Court, via video from the Boyle County Detention Center.
Stanziano maintains his client’s innocence, stating again that Keith was not present at the Hockensmiths’ store at the time of the shootings.
“Nothing’s been given to us yet,” said Stanziano of any additional evidence against his client, after the defense attorney stated following Keith’s arrest that he didn’t know of any evidence that existed. “They would have to put some of that forward at the preliminary hearing. Now that that’s been canceled, they still have time before they have to come forward (with any evidence).”
Stanziano expects his client to plead not guilty again at the Nov. 5 arraignment and said he will likely have “several motions filed that request various relief.”
According to an article in the Advocate-Messenger, Boyle County Commonwealth’s Attorney Richie Bottoms said that the grand jury met last Wednesday in a regular session and reconvened Monday to hear additional information in the case against Keith, which reportedly involved more detail than a typical case. Bottoms also said that police had been on the case “about 24 hours a day for the last few weeks” gathering evidence, according to the newspaper.
The Advocate-Messenger reported that during the searches executed after Keith’s arrested, authorities seized a number of firearms, different types of ammunition, “suspected blood” samples, and several computers, cell phones and other electronic devices. Also, over $100,000 in cash was found in the Gold Rush store, according to court records.