House Democrats have voted to pass President Joe Biden's sweeping $1.9 trillion social safety net expansion legislation, a victory for the party even as the legislation faces a tough road ahead in the Senate.
This Week's Circulars
Nancy Lou (Crabtree) Jewell, age 78, of Frazier, widow of Edwin Ray Jewell, Died Thursday, Funeral was Monday at New's Monticello. ONLINE CONDOLENCES & INFO AT www.news-monticello.com.
Merrel Lee Hargis, 80, of Somerset, passed away Thursday, December 2, 2021 at the Golden Years Nursing Home in Monticello. He was born February 21, 1941 in Somerset; son of the late Barney & Myrtle (Phelps) Hargis. He worked as a Foreman for Westing House and was of the Baptist faith. He…
Nora Kathleen Eubank, 66, of Eubank, passed away Monday, December 6, 2021 at her residence. Arrangements are pending and will be announced later by Morris & Hislope Funeral Home. Condolences may be expressed to the family at: www.morrisandhislope.com.
- Man dies in house fire
- Skeletal remains found in Mt. Zion area
- Bench warrant issued for man less than two weeks after sentence diverted
- Two found passed out in car arrested on drug charges
- Man sentenced in case of soliciting California juvenile
- Ice skating rink brings cutting-edge winter fun downtown Somerset
- Burnside unwraps Christmas Island 2021
- Parades in Somerset, Burnside have community floating on holiday spirit
- McCreary man arrested for meth possession
- Somerset man running for District 5 Constable