While July 1 may have been the beginning of a long holiday weekend for some, for the Kentucky General Assembly it was day one of a new fiscal year and the first test of a new budget. Passing a budget is by far the biggest legislative task we face, particularly when our state faces economic u…
Around-the-clock “Breaking News” about Russians meddling in elections and claims millions of illegals voted during the last presidential race make one think stealing an election is a brand-new idea.
Someone out there owes Bluegrass Radiology Associates some money. I don’t know who it is, but I do know how much because Bluegrass Radiology keeps texting me the link to the online bill paying system.
Friends, your humble reporter is feelin’ lower than a snake’s belly button. Here hit ‘tis the furst ‘uv June, Linen Britches Winter has done cume an’ gone an’ an’ that wuz my last chance ‘uv gittin’ a snow.
Editor's note: Bill Mardis, more commonly known as "Your Humble Reporter" — or just "Humble" for short — was born so far in the backwoods of Kentucky his family had to head toward town to hunt. Today he bemoans his handicap to Tweeting.
This Week's Circulars
Mr. Junior Earl Guffey, age 86, of Monticello, died Wednesday, Funeral Saturday 2:00 at New's Monticello Funeral Home, Visit Saturday 11 till 2 at the Funeral Home. ONLINE CONDOLENCES AT www.news-monticello.com.
- PCSO arrests Eubank man on murder charge
- Somerset neurosurgeon urges public to get vaccinated
- New Leader of Briar Jumper Athletics
- Sheriff weighs in on treasurer's county police comments
- Kingsford, ‘American Idol’ singer on board for Burnside festival
- Pulaski back in the Red
- Iconic Lay-Simpson Furniture store to close later this year
- Court meeting ends in fractious exchange over park security
- Services set for local seaman killed at Pearl Harbor
- Former hoops star Hanson returning to Pulaski to help youth