President Joe Biden plans to announce a withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan by the upcoming twentieth anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks, according to three people familiar with the plans. The withdrawal extends the US troop presence past a May 1 deadline set by the Trump administration in an agreement with the Taliban, but only by a matter of months. CNN's Nick Paton Walsh reports.
This Week's Circulars
William Blackwell, age 61, of Bronston, Ky passed away May 3, 2021. There will be no services at this time. Southern Oaks Funeral Home is entrusted with the arrangements for William Blackwell.
- Body recovered from Lake Cumberland in search for missing doctor
- First responders search lake for possible victim after mowing accident
- Divers continue to search Lake Cumberland for missing doctor
- Lake search continues for missing man
- Powell murder trial scheduled for August
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Colts trade down, take Texas QB Sam Ehlinger in sixth round
- Local public high schools rank among state’s top 30
- Prather sworn in as Circuit Judge
- Somerset man gets probation for endangering officer