More than 430 Berea College students were names to the Fall 2018 Dean's List. A student is named to the Dean's List who achieves a GPA of 3.4 or higher while passing at least 4 total credits, a course load equivalent to 16 semester hours.
- Cameron Brown of Crab Orchard (40419).
- Taylor Davis of Monticello (42633).
- Jose Herrera of Burnside (42519).
- Brittany LaBelle of Somerset (42503).
- Mason Richardson of Somerset (42503).
- Marcus Scalf of Somerset (42503).
- Sarah Waddle of Monticello (42633).
- Caleb Wright of Somerset (42503).
Berea, the first interracial and coeducational college in the South, focuses on learning, labor, and service.
Supported by Berea's No-Tuition Promise, Berea College admits only academically promising students with limited economic resources, primarily from Appalachia. All students must work 10 hours or more weekly, earning money for books, room and board.
The College's motto "God has made of one blood all peoples of the earth," speaks to its inclusive character, and the quality of its programs ensures that graduates from Berea go on to distinguish themselves and the College in many fields.