Somerset High School junior Kendall Burgess competed in the AAU Junior Olympics Track and Field Nationals at North Carolina A&T Aggie Stadium In Greensboro, NC. Burgess placed 25th in the nation in the girls 15-16 year-old long jump event, with a best of 17'3.25". Burgess, who ranked the highest of any athlete from the state of Kentucky, qualified for the AAU Nationals by advancing out of the state and regional championship track meets this past summer.
This Week's Circulars
Kenneth Joel Stevens, age 82 of Somerset, passed from this life unexpectedly on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at his residence. He was born on February 11, 1939 in Somerset, Kentucky, son of the late Kermit R. Stevens and Alice Hardwick Stevens. Kenneth was a City of Somerset employee with the Sewe…
Billy Rice, 86, of Nancy, passed away Friday, March 5, 2021 at Hospice of Lake Cumberland Jean Waddle Care Center. Services are pending at this time. Lake Cumberland Funeral Home is entrusted with the arrangements for Billy Rice.
- Man charged with attempted murder of officer after wild pursuit
- Local man dies after fall from bluff
- Liquor applications pouring in for newly-wet Wayne County
- Burnside looking to annex south along U.S. 27
- SO takes to air to find woman in wooods
- Local woman arrested on drug charges.
- SPD investigating shooting that left one man injured
- Glover appealing conviction
- Hey, Calipari — Roll out the blue carpet for Reed Sheppard
- Anti-bullying rally planned in response to assault at Southern Middle School